When The First Idea Doesn’t Work…

When I put the headlight on the snowblower and then proudly wrote a post detailing my amazing methods and proclaiming “it works”, well, I should have waited because it doesn’t. It held up the light until I actually started the tractor. Then it slowly tilted because the clamp wasn’t tight enough and I spent that hour of snowblowing in between correcting the light angle.

Lesson learned:  banding strap doesn’t really clamp tight enough against a smooth surface to stabilize a mass on the end of a lever. Not with engine vibration and bumping chains and general Real World Environment.

I should have used bolts and stuff the first time, like this:

Advertisements